Las Vegas native, Aaron Lovaas is a business law attorney and litigator with substantial experience representing local, national, and international clients, business owners and corporate executives. In fact, he has represented clients from the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, India, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Saudi Arabia and throughout the Caribbean.
As a practicing attorney, Aaron was an active proponent of alternative dispute resolution, participating in dozens of mediations and arbitrations. His commitment to the efficient out-of-court resolution of disputes prompted him to serve as a private mediator. He also serves as a court appointed arbitrator in the Eighth Judicial District Court Arbitration Program in Clark County, Nevada. Aaron’s MBA degree along with his extensive litigation experience and deep business expertise allows him to bring the perspective of both an advocate and the client to the resolution of complex disputes.
- Neutral, Advanced Resolution Management
- Mediator, Private Mediation Services (2010-present)
- Partner & Co-founder, Global Business Lawyers – Lovaas Lehtinen, P.C. (2008-present)
- Partner/Shareholder, Shimon & Lovaas, P.C. (2004-2008)
- Partner, Alverson Taylor Mortensen Nelson & Sanders (2001-2004)
- Associate, Alverson Taylor Mortensen Nelson & Sanders (1996-2001)
- Business Torts
- Corporate Governance
- Family Law
- Partnership Distributions
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Arbitrator Training, Nevada State Bar (2011 & 2013)
- Fifteen hour Arbitration/Mediation Program, Northstar Conferences (2002)
- State of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Member, American Bar Association – Litigation Section (2001-2010), Vice Chair, Young Lawyers Forum (2007-2009), Business Law Section (2001-2011)
- Member, LawPact – International Association of Business Law Firms (2009-present)
- Board Member, Lee Business School Alumni Board of Directors
- M.B.A., University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2002)
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law (1995)
- B.A., University of Nevada, Las Vegas (1992)
Honors and Awards
- Cross-Border Advisory Firm of the Year Award, Corporate International Magazine (2013 & 2010)
- Top Attorney, Mountain States, Salt Lake Magazine – Top Business Litigator (2008-2015).
- Superlawyer, Mountain States Superlawyer Magazine – Business Law & Business Litigation (2008-2015).
- Named to the Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in the State of Nevada by the American Society of Legal Advocates (2014).
- Earned the ranking of 10.0 or “Superb” among business lawyers profiled on Avvo.com.
Lectures, Teaching and Publications
- Served as a moderator of various panel discussions: Doing Business in Nevada (2010 LawPact Fall Meeting, Las Vegas, NV); Bulletproofing Your Business (2009 Business for Breakfast Seminar Series, Las Vegas, NV); Rainmaking, Referrals & Retention (2008 American Bar Association Section of Business Law Spring Meeting, Dallas, TX and 2007 American Bar Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA)
- Undergraduate Business Instructor, University of Phoenix (2003-2004)
- Indian Protectionism in the Global Marketplace, Business in South Asia: Legal Views & News, published by the North American South Asian Bar Association (2009)
- Spousal Support & Cohabitation: The Economic Needs Test in Nevada, Nevada Family Law Report (1999)