Judge Jackie Glass’ remarkable career as a high profile District Court Judge, 18 years as a litigator and star of her own courtroom television show makes her uniquely qualified to assist in facilitating settlement on almost any matter brought before her. She has been in the private dispute resolution sector since 2012 and is already one of the most requested neutrals in the State of Nevada. She is known for her “get it done” attitude and ability to connect with difficult clients.
In May of 2011, Judge Glass retired after eight years of distinguished service on the District Court having sat on assignment on both civil as well as criminal cases. She is best known for sentencing O.J. Simpson to 33 years in prison for armed robbery at a Las Vegas hotel in 2008. During her tenure, she actively participated in the court’s settlement conference program. She not only volunteered to handle settlement conferences but was also a much sought after settlement judge, with an outstanding track record for getting cases settled.
Judge Glass also served as a part of the leadership team at the Eighth Judicial District Court. She was a member of the Executive committee representing the Specialty Court programs and helped create the Clark County Mental Health Court in 2003, in an effort to improve how the criminal justice system deals with mental illness. She also established a task force to gauge whether a person is competent to stand trial, leading to the creation of the Clark County Competency Court in 2005. During her last year on the bench, Judge Glass oversaw Clark County District’s drug and alcohol treatment courts. These influential courts provide therapeutic supervision and treatment for defendants with serious substance addictions.
After her retirement, she starred in “Swift Justice with Jackie Glass” a courtroom show syndicated by CBS Television Distribution. On the show she was tasked with settling real-life disputes for litigants all across the county. Today she has dedicated her career to being a full-time mediator, arbitrator, consultant and private judge. Judge Glass draws upon her varied background to settle complex and challenging cases in almost every area of civil litigation.
- Neutral, Advanced Resolution Management (2015-present)
- Mediator/Arbitrator/Private Judge, Private Trials (2012-2015)
- Host, Swift Justice with Jackie Glass (2011-2012)
- District Court Judge, Eighth Judicial District Clark County (2003-2011)
- Partner, Wolfson & Glass – Personal Injury and Criminal Defense (1990-2002)
- Attorney, Law Offices of R. Steven Young – General Civil (1988-1990)
- Attorney, Senior Citizens Law Project, City of Las Vegas (1987-1988)
- Attorney, Nitz, Schofield & Walton – General Civil (1985-1986)
- Associate, Moran & Weinstock – General Civil (1985)
- Associate, Harding & Dawson – Insurance Defense (1985)
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Media & Communications
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Police Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property/Real Estate
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- State of Nevada (1984)
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Distinguished Neutral, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Former Member, Las Vegas Housing Authority Board
- Former Board Member, Senior Citizens Law Project
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law (1984)
- B.A., University of Georgia (1978)
Honors and Awards
- Judge Glass was a leader in the nationwide effort to improve how the criminal justice system deals with mental illness. She helped establish the Clark County Mental Health Court in December 2003.
- She also created a task force to evaluate how the courts determine whether a person is competent to stand trial, which led to the creation of the Clark County Competency Court on November 16, 2005. This court has increased the efficiency and effectiveness of managing the complicated task of determining competency to stand trial.
- In 2007, the National Association of Counties recognized the Competency Court with a 2007 Achievement Award for its effectiveness and innovation.
- In 2013, Judge Glass was presented with the Senora of Excellence Award, which honors men and women who have contributed their time and effort for the betterment of the Latin community.
Lectures, Teaching and Publications
- Mediation Strategies & Tactics in the 21st Century, Nevada Justice Association (NJA) 38th Annual Conference (October, 2014)
- The Bench & Beyond, Utah Justice Association Annual Meeting (October, 2014)
- Managing Notorious Trials in the Media Spotlight, National Association of Court Managers (July, 2014)
- Mediation Preparation & Tactics, Defense Research Institute (DRI) Trucking Law Seminar (June, 2014)
- Keynote Speaker, ProAssurance Annual Defense Counsel Meeting (March 2014)
- Introducing Evidence: Everything You Need to Know But Forgot, DRI 2013 Trial Tactics Seminar (March, 2013)