Lansford W. Levitt has spent his career specializing in litigation management. Since 1992, he has served as a mediator and arbitrator in excess of 1,500 cases in the State of Nevada. He specializes in a wide range civil cases including bodily injury, construction defect, real estate, employment, and business/commercial matters.
In addition to his work as a full-time mediator and arbitrator, he has served as a Settlement Judge for the Nevada Supreme Court; Pro Tempore Judge for the Eighth Judicial District’s Short Trial Program; Court-Appointed Arbitrator; and Special Appeals Officer for the Nevada Department of Administration.
Earlier in his career, Lansford served as Director of Project Development at the National Judicial College, where he was responsible for the administration of all federal grants and special projects dedicated to the improvement of the state judiciary. He also served as a Curriculum Attorney at the National Council of Juvenile & Family Court Judges, specializing in the rights of child victims.
- Neutral, Advanced Resolution Management (2016-present)
- Mediator/Arbitrator, Private Practice (1992-present)
- Arbitrator, Court-appointed 8th, 2nd and 1st Judicial Districts in Nevada (1992-present)
- Supreme Court Settlement Judge, Las Vegas and Reno Supreme Court (1997-present)
- Judge Pro Tempore, 8th Judicial District Court, Las Vegas (2002-present)
- Mediator, Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program (2010-2014)
- Director of Project Development, National Judicial College (1979-1992)
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Construction Defect
- Land Use
- Homeowner Associations
- American Bar Association, 9th Annual Advanced Mediation and Advocacy Skills Institute (2011)
- Nevada Supreme Court, Procedural Issues for Settlement Judges (2011)
- Nevada Supreme Court, Preventing and Breaking Impasse in Mediation (2010)
- Nevada Supreme Court, Advanced Appellate Mediation Training (2007)
- E.L. Cord Foundation Center for Dispute Resolution, Civil Mediation Training (1993-1994)
- CDR Associates, Civil Mediation Training (1992)
- E.L. Cord Foundation Center for Dispute Resolution, Arbitration Training (1992)
- State of California (1978)
- State of Nevada (1981)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (1978)
- United States District Court, District of Nevada (1981)
- California Real Estate Broker (1982-1986)
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- State Bar of Nevada, Vice-Chair ADR Section (2014-2016)
- Former Member, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Former Member, Clark County Bar Association
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law (1977)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (1974)
Honors and Awards
- Peacemaker of the Year Award, Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition (2005)
- ADR Recognition Award, Nevada State Bar ADR Section (2012)
Lectures, Teaching and Publications
- Lansford has been teaching ADR skills and training courses to judges, lawyers and other practitioners for over 30 years.
- He sponsored the first course to qualify individuals as arbitrators in the Nevada Court-Annexed Program.
- He also sponsored the first Civil Mediation Course in Nevada in Conjunction with the Nevada State Bar in 1993.