Bill Turner is one of the most sought after mediators and arbitrators in the Las Vegas area. Since 1988, he has mediated and arbitrated over 2500 cases many valued above a million dollars involving probate, business disputes, wrongful death, construction defect, construction completion, subcontract disputes, architectural, employment, labor, franchise, contract, real estate, medical malpractice, commercial, transactional, personal injury, homeowners and other types of cases in litigation. As a litigator and managing attorney for a corporate insurance in-house counsel program, he reviewed as many as 600 to 750 cases involving personal injury and construction defect a year for 11 years.
His alternative dispute resolution experience is unparalleled having Mediated Labor/Employment Disputes for United States Post Office, received Advanced Training for Mediation and Training as Chair by American Arbitration Association and by NASD, and been verified to act as mediator and arbitrator as well as Chair for complex commercial litigation and construction litigation by AAA.
- Neutral, Advanced Resolution Management (2016-present)
- Special Master, Pro-Tem Judge, Settlement Judge, Arbitrator and Mediator, William C. Turner, Esq., Mediation and Dispute Resolution, Inc. (2005-2016)
- Managing Attorney, William C. Turner and Associates and Turner and Riddle (1994-2005)
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission Trial Attorney, 1971 -1975. Special Assistant United States Attorney for District of Nevada, 1971-1975. Special Attorney assigned as Investigator with United States Senate Watergate Committee, (1972 -1974) Bebe Rebozo / Howard Hughes / Richard Nixon Investigation.
- Assistant United States Attorney, Chief Civil Division (1975- 1987) (Criminal and Civil Practice).
- Private Practice, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice; Complex Commercial, 1987-1994.
- Construction Defect
- Contract Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- Basic & Advanced Mediation and Arbitration and Chairman Training, American Arbitration Association (various years)
- Settlement Judge Roundtables & Advanced Training, Nevada Supreme Court (1997-present)
- Mediation and Arbitration, U.S. Arbitration & Mediation (1990)
- EEOC Employment Disputes Training, US Postal Service/EEOC (1997)
- Advanced Training & Chairman, NASD (1998-2000)
- Additional Mediation and Arbitration Trainings with the Clark County Bar Association, State Bar of Nevada, and AAA
- State of Nevada (1976)
- State of California (1977)
- State of Georgia (1969)
- District of Columbia (1969)
- Federal Districts of Nevada, Georgia, California and DC
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Board of Governors, State Bar of Nevada (2000-2008)
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Leadership TIPS, American Bar Association (2002-2010)
- Chairman, State Bar of Nevada ADR Section (1999-2008)
- Chairman, Short Jury Trial Commission (2001-2004)
- Member, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association (1999-2006)
- Chairman, Lawyer Advertising Commission for Nevada Supreme Court
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law School (1971)
- J.D., Emory University (1969)
- B.A., Emory University (1966)
Honors & Awards
- Selected by Peer Review as Outstanding Mediator and Arbitrator, State of Nevada Super Lawyer Publisher, Mountain West Region, and Corporate, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 (one of five Nevada Mediator and Arbitrators so selected)
- Awarded Corporate National Community Service Award for Community Service (2002)
- Award to County for Short Trial and Mediation Program, National Association of Counties
- Short Trial Award, Winner of Better Government Competition Award, Pioneer Institute for Public Policy, Boston (2006)
- Commendation by William Webster, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Prosecution of Money Laundering and Organized Crime Case.
- Commendation by Inspector General, Health and Human Services. Prosecution of National Insurance Fraud Conspiracy case ($50,000,000) Mildred Miller Publicly cited for help in Watergate Investigation by Senate Watergate Committee In its Final Report, Chapter 4, Hughes/Rebozo Investigation.
- Commendation by Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice for investigation and indictment of Howard R. Hughes and others for stock manipulation in the Acquisition of an Air West Airlines
Lectures, Teaching & Publications
- The Communiqué: Jurors Approve of the Short Jury Trial Program and Changes in Trial and the New Mediation Program, 2002, 2005; The Effects of the Short Trial Program in Nevada on Jury Trials, Nevada State Bar Journal, 2003; Commission on Lawyer Advertising, Communiqué, 2006; Authored Revised “ADR” Chapter 21, Nevada Civil Practice Manual, Publisher, Lexis Nexis, 2006, 2007, 2008; Report on Executive Summary for ADKT on Advertising to Supreme Court; Nevada State Bar Journal, December, 2006; Authored Revised UPDATED ADR Chapter 21, Nevada Civil Practice Manual 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009; The Communiqué: Lawyer Advertising in Nevada :A Sea Change, September, 2007; Nevada State Bar Journal, ADR, On The Cutting Edge, September, 2007; Nevada State Bar Journal, A Brief Overview of Evidence in Arbitration, October 2010.
- Editor, Chapter 21, ADR Nevada Civil Practice Manual, Lexis /Nexus Publisher
- Has taught numerous CLE courses for Nevada State Bar and for Clark County Bar Association and others involving Mediation, Arbitration and Complex Mediation and Arbitration; taught IBEW mediation with American Arbitration Association.
- Has taught numerous courses on Mediation and Arbitration, complex litigation, personal injury, construction defect, appellate mediation, real estate, homeowner’s disputes, contract and construction contract disputes and commercial transactions.
- Taught Trial courses for 25 years; Training and Advanced Training at Boulder Colorado by Nita (National Institute of Trial Advocacy); Taught Nita nationally, In House; Emory Law School, Department of Justice. Washington D.C. 1980-2006; Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California; Loyola Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Taught Changes in Nevada Lawyer’s Advertising Rules, UNLV, April 2008